Followers

Monday, September 5, 2011

Nani: I Hope This Is My Year At Manchester United..



Manchester United winger Nani is determined to prove himself once and for all this season as the battle for wing places at Old Trafford heats up.

Despite some sparkling early season performances which went a long way towards him eventually capturing the club's 2010/2011 players' player of the year prize, the Portugal winger's form eventually dipped.

As the downturn coincided with Antonio Valencia's return from an ankle injury, it cost Nani his place in Ferguson's Champions League final starting line-up.

The former Sporting Lisbon star has swallowed his disappointment and with Ashley Young providing even more competition for the wide roles, is eager to reach an even higher level.

"I hope this is my year," he said.

"Last year was my best year, definitely my most consistent season.

"This is a big chance to show I can do much more, that I'm a good player with a very strong mentality."

It is also Nani's chance to step out of the shadows of his illustrious countryman and former United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo, to whom comparisons are always made.

"For five years, every time the question is the same," he said.

"It's all about Ronaldo. You have to be him. Are you doing the same? Do you think you can do it now?

"Always when I do something good it's the same. When I do OK, it's nothing. When I do something very good, they come with this question about him.

"But it's OK. It doesn't change anything in me. This is my fifth year here and people know what I can do."

Source : menmedia.co.uk

Bombay,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...