Followers

Monday, September 5, 2011

Fletcher Makes Goal-scoring Return..


Darren Fletcher made a bittersweet return to first team football as he captained Scotland to a draw against Czech Republic.

Although the point puts Scotland on the back foot in their attempts to qualify for the European Championships, the Manchester United midfielder played a full 90 minutes or the first time since last season and notched The Scot’s second at Hampden Park.

But despite the draw, which leaves Scotland third in Group I, five points behind Czech Republic and ten behind Spain, Fletcher is delighted to get a full game under his belt as he strives to break back into the United first team.

"I felt good," reflected Fletcher. "I had to dig in for the last 20 minutes but I've been in that position before so it wasn't strange for me to do that. But I feel good and I've no knocks or anything like that."

On Scotland’s plight in Group I, Fletcher said: "What's done is done, we've got to keep on fighting, get the fans behind us on Tuesday, get the three points [against Lithuania] and put some pressure on the Czechs in their remaining two games.

"The Czechs have got hard games, and while I'm not saying ours are easy, it's been a difficult group and a lot of points have been dropped along the way. We've just got to win our games and not end the group on a whimper. We've got to keep fighting because stranger things have happened."

Source : www.givemefootball.com

Bombay,
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...